In this episode of the IT Experts Podcast, we are joined by the ‘Cold Calling King’, John Montgomery from Hot Prospects Limited, and together we will talk about real and working cold calling tactics that will help you get the best results for your IT & MSP business.
As an IT & MSP business owner, closing a deal and having high quality conversions are key in keeping your business going.
Cold calling allows you to reach out to your dream client and the best way to engage with them, get to know what needs they have and how exactly can you help them.
John shares with us that as an IT & MSP business owner, you can sit down and wait for the phone to ring, or up your game and make that call.
John also talked about the cold calling process; how important it is that you know how to approach the call.
We also discussed the importance of knowing your message. What do you want to tell your prospects? What is it that your providing? How are you providing that to them?
We then covered three main fundamentals in cold calling.
1. Be Prepared – Know who you want to talk to.
2. Be Polite – Especially to the gatekeeper as they are the ones who can help you reach the right person.
3. Be Consistent – Set a time aside for cold calling and put consistent effort into it.
We also covered some effective tips that you should consider doing before, during, and after the call. These include:
1. Before the Call
- Who do you want to call? Make a list of your prospects and narrow down to your ideal customers.
- Know your prospects. What does their company do? Who are the people that you need to speak with?
- Plan a call flow.
2. During the Call
- Be polite to the gatekeeper.
- Apply your call structure.
3. After the Call
- Maintain good CRM practices.
- Set alerts for follow up actions.
I hope that this episode helps you make use of a fool-proof lead generation tactic in your IT & MSP business.
You can access the other IT Experts Podcasts here – https://innovatetosuccess.com/itega-podcast/
If you haven’t seen it yet, come and join our community in our own IT Experts App – you can check it out here – https://bit.ly/ITE-COMM
If we’re not connected already, let’s connect on LinkedIn, YouTube and over our website at innovatetosuccess.com.
Alternatively, you can drop me an email at email@example.com
Until next time, you look after yourself and I’ll catch up with you soon!