In this episode of the IT Experts podcast, I talk about five key elements that will help you become a better leader in your IT & MSP business this year.
We all agree that the current world situation (even when this is too far from ideal) has opened opportunities to the IT & MSP industry.
Yes, you might have added a few clients, you needed to recruit new people, and the cashflow is doing good.
However, the biggest challenge for you as the head of the organisation is making sure that you can maintain and improve the good things happening in your organisation right now.
More than ever, you need to step down from being a manager, and step up and become a better leader in your IT & MSP business.
In order to do that, there are five key steps that we use at IT Experts – they are all integrated as part of our MSP Profit Builder System in our leadership section called People Performance Programme.
The 5 steps are:
1. UNDERSTAND YOU AS A BUSINESS:
- Have a clarity of where your business is going.
- Know your Vision, Mission, and Values.
2. UNDERSTAND YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL:
- Learn the art of “The Shadow of the Leader”, and lead by example.
- Understand the difference between being a manager and being a leader.
- Understand the importance of communicating with your team.
- This includes expectation exchange and having ‘that difficult conversation’.
4. EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT:
- Ask your team what went right, and what could have done better.
- Seeing things from their perspective could be refreshing.
5. TOTAL LEADERSHIP PROCESS:
- How often are you meeting with your team?
- How often are you getting their feedback, and giving them your feedback?
I hope that this episode helps you to better understand the things that you can do as an effective leader in your IT & MSP business.
You can access the other IT Experts Podcasts here – https://innovatetosuccess.com/itega-podcast/
If you haven’t seen it yet, come and join our community in our own IT Experts App – you can check it out here – https://bit.ly/ITE-COMM
If we’re not connected already, let’s connect on LinkedIn, YouTube and over our website at innovatetosuccess.com.
Alternatively, you can drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Until next time, you look after yourself and I’ll catch up with you soon!