In this episode of the IT Experts Podcast, I share with you a few secrets on How to Build a High Performing Remote Technical Team. This will help you to increase their productivity and employee engagement and when you master all this, you will ultimately see an increase in your profitability.
It has been a few difficult months in business since the Covid-19 pandemic hit, and most businesses have had to adapt to the new normal very quickly, which for most involves social distancing and working remotely.
I have spent the past 20+ years developing leadership roles in the business that focuses on making sure that members of staff feel included, important, and productive.
What’s critical here is that by adopting a few Leadership fundamentals when leading your teams, you can now have a high performing team that can also be remote.
Here are the main elements of this show:
1. Have a Clear Structure – Everybody must know where they stand in the business and who they report to.
2. Performance Management – You need to have a way of recognising brilliance, who is working hard at propelling the business forward. You also need a way to address the other end of the spectrum when things aren’t going well and performance dips.
3. Training and Capacity – Develop a competency matrix and identify what skills your team has and what training they need.
4. Get the Right Tech – This can boil down to their internet speed, their hardware, software. Make sure that the tools they are using work and promote a productive workspace.
5. Employee Engagement – This is the one sign of a great leader, make sure your team is engaged and wants to drive the business forward because they have a purpose.
6. Empower Each Other – Make sure that your team knows what they are doing right and give them a platform to provide feedback.
7. Have a Social – Have a regular social meeting to help build your team’s relationship and keep them in a positive mindset.
8. Mental Health and Wellbeing –Working remotely can have an effect on an employee’s wellbeing, identify when things are not going well, and set up mechanisms to deal with issues as and when they arise.
I hope you enjoyed this episode about building a high performing remote technical team; let me know which sections you are already adapting in your own business, and which ones will you be adapting soon.
You can access all the other IT Experts Podcasts here – https://innovatetosuccess.com/podcast/
If you haven’t seen it yet, come and join our community in our own IT Experts App – you can check it out here – https://bit.ly/ITE-COMM
If you’re looking to scale your IT & MSP business and you don’t know where to start, just navigate and explore here on our website www.innovatetosuccess.com where we’ve got a whole load of tips, tricks, strategies and community to help you grow and scale your it in your MSP business.
I also invite you to come and take the IT experts test and we can help you to work out what to focus on right now to get you the quickest results in your business. You can take the test here – https://bit.ly/ITEtest
If we’re not connected already, let’s connect on LinkedIn, YouTube and over here at our website, innovatetosuccess.com
Alternatively, you can drop me an email at email@example.com
Until next time, you look after yourself and I’ll catch up with you soon!